It is amazing that there is no easy way to find a solution for the following problem:
- First of all forget about looking for some "import" or "export" function. Those are for exporting pictures or photos, not for exporting the library. That would not get details and custom properties from the pictures like: keywords, name of the roll, dates.
- Burning to a DVD is an option. But if your Library is too big then the task is complex.
- Make a backup of your current library (Source computer - MacBook in my case). You can find it on "Home"; "Pictures".
- Go to the new computer (target computer) and find the same folder in the same location. You will delete the Library folder and replace it with the one you backed up.
Attention! When you will delete the "target" "iPhoto Library" you will delete all the contents of that iPhoto. In my case I had none... I'm talking about a clean and just installed iPhoto '08.
- Once the copy process finishes, and not before, open the iPhoto, it will request you to update the library. Accept and go forward.
- That's it! All will be working like in your other computer!