Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nintendo Wii - my personal opinion

I had the chance to play with a Nintendo Wii yesterday evening.
One of the first things captured my attention was the packaging; it was a similar impression that when you get your first Apple product. All made to make easier and nicer the experience.
After 5 minutes I had all connected and working. Very intuitive and simple.
Once "on" the Wii guided me to know how to use it and configure it. A couple of minutes and ready to play. Investing one more minute I had a "Mii" that is a character inside of the game console that "looks" like "me"... the process was very funny. I was able to select the hair style, skin color, shape of the face, you can imagine how funny was that. My wife was laughing all the time playing with my virtual face! (Then I was laughing when making her "Mii").
The Nintendo Wii comes with 1 set of controls, it means that comes with 2 controls for 1 user. Yes, some games are using your right and left hand so you need 2 controls per person. The controls are motion sensitive and that makes the Wii very special. It works very good and that makes us to play tennis with Tatjana, my wife, and learn how to use the controls in just few seconds! What a great thing. The Ninendo Wii comes with Wii Sports game that includes tennis, bowling, golf, baseball and boxing. All are simple games but really effective, I mean that they really makes you to have fun!
It s true that I'm not in a good shape, long time ago that I was not making exercises, and the Wii made me to swing, box and move my body like I never made in from of a TV! This is not a replacement for a sports routine but certainly is the opposite of being in front of the TV or PC moving the hand and the eye balls. That's a good experience.

1 comments:

Anonymous | 1:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.