I have developed a simple template in Word 2007 that reads information for invoices from a MS Acess Data Base. It is very cool because using Word's mail merge functionality I can print invoices easily.
The system has 3 parts:
- A Windows SharePoint Services intranet. There we include all the new orders from customers into a list called "invoices", that list is related to another one named "Accounts" that provides the name and details about customers.
- A MS Access DB merges both SharePoint lists and filters all what has been invoiced in the past.
- A MS Office Word document template that receives the processed information from Access and create the invoices.
The problem is that Word does not formatt the information correctly. For example the amounts that are formatted as "currency" doesn't display the currency symbol; or the dates are displayed in american formatting (month/day/year). So how to change it?
There is something called "switches". Click here to find all of them.
So, once you know which kind of switch you need to use, yo will need to do the following:
- Select the merged field
- on your keyboard press "Shift+F9" and you will see that the field changes
- Add the switch
- "Shift+F9" again
- Right click on the merged field and select "Update field"