I have been experiencing problems when copying files from an iMac with Leopard 10.6.2.
- Launch Terminal (Applications > Utilities) and type the following command, making sure to include a space at the end:
- Select the folder on your Mac that is giving you trouble and drag it right to the Terminal window. A green cursor with a + symbol should appear before you release the mouse.
- The path to that folder should have automatically appeared at the end of the Terminal command. For example, it might look like:
- Press Enter/Return to run the command. It will appear as if nothing happened, but try copying that folder to a MS-DOS volume now. Finder should magically allow it to be moved with no problem!
- Repeat the entire process as needed for other folders that won’t copy. "