Thursday, October 05, 2006

5GB for file storage for free! Finally I see something good from AOL: XDrive

For some months I'm one user of AOL. The free membership.
The AOL mail service is good. But other services I was trying are really a pain.
Today I received their newsletter and I started to evaluate a new service, at least new for me, and it's name is XDrive (http://www.xdrive.com/homepage.jsp).
I find the service not only good. Very good! Thanks to it I'm solving a problem: a backup of the pictures I have stored in my different computers. Of course that I have copies on CD's but the truth is that then I'm never checking the CD's anymore. By having them online I can get access to them from any PC or Mac.
XDrive also includes a desktop software that helps to automate the backup process. It is available only for PC.
The interface is very elegant and intuitive. I've noticed that is not so fast to load (I'm talking about the web interface) but is fare. Using my Mac and the web interface I have no problems.
I will post More info about it as soon as I will get more experience with the tool. But in the meantime I advise you to make the same... It is free and more than the double of any email service offers for storage.

0 comments:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.